Seva is a Sanskrit word that translates as selfless service .
An Immersion Program Made Available Through Seva
Immerse in practice, community, nature, and a holistic lifestyle
- June 11th - July, 6, 2018 Monday - Friday
- 4 hours of instruction each day, 3 hours of seva
- Instruction consists of morning meditation, morning asana/pranayama or afternoon movement, and philosophical discussion of a sacred text (each program we pick a text to translate and discuss. If you have a request, let us know).
- Most days allow time for rest, hiking in the area, or a swim at Steel Creek, an access point into the National Buffalo River
- Seva in exchange for accommodations (meals and lodging) and to offset teaching cost.
Please note, laundry service is not included and can be done by hand or at the laundry mat in town. Also, the telephone in the main house is not for personal use except in the case of emergencies. (The local phone provider does not offer unlimited long distance). You are welcome to give the number to family/friends to be able to easily reach you if necessary.
See the Shala page for logistics