Seva is a Sanskrit word meaning selfless service or work performed without any thought of reward or repayment. In ancient India seva was believed to help one's spiritual growth and at the same time contribute to the improvement of a community.
AN Immersion Program Made Available through Seva: Service to Self and Others
The goal of our Seva Program is to provide you an opportunity to immerse in learning, community, nature, and a holistic lifestyle. Each afternoon you engage in seva on the land in conscious service to yourself and others.
- June 11th - July, 6, 2017 Monday - Friday (4 hours of instruction each day, 3 hours of seva)
- Fees are $175 a week for expert instruction - Open to all levels of practitioners.
- Instruction consists of morning meditation, morning asana/pranayama or afternoon movement, and philosophical discussion of a sacred text (each program we pick a text to translate and discuss. If you have a request, let us know).
- Seva in exchange for accommodations (meals and lodging) and to offset teaching cost.
- Most days allow time for rest, hiking in the area, or a swim at Steel Creek, an access point into the National Buffalo River
Please note, laundry service is not included and can be done by hand or at the laundry mat in town. Also, the telephone in the main house is not for personal use except in the case of emergencies. (The local phone provider does not offer unlimited long distance). You are welcome to give the number to family/friends to be able to easily reach you if necessary.
Example of Texts Discussed During Seva Program
These apply only for trainings at Circle Yoga Shala (not other locations).
- Arrive the night before each training's start date. You will need to notify us if you are traveling the morning of the first day, and will need to be here by 8am.
- Do not GPS our address - write down our directions from our site. It is very easy to find, but mapquest/GPS is not accurate in this area.
- Bring personal hygiene items, medications, epi-pens if needed (bee hives), outdoor shoes for hiking, etc., layered clothing, flip-flops/shower shoes, personal yoga gear, *journal.
- Bring your own linens
- We provide towels, shampoos, soap
- Please notify us of any food allergies, and special requirements within reason.
- Do not bring alcohol or any other substance.
- Do not bring pets.
- For additional info go to The Shala page.