300HR Yoga Teacher Training Program
We have been a registered school with the National Yoga Alliance since 1999. Through our programs, you can be recognized at the 200RYT and 500RYT levels, and receive CEUs. We also have an affiliate school, Janes House Studio in St Charles, MO. at the 200 hour level. We are a Member School of the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
We Train Teachers
We have conducted over 7,200 hours of teacher training in Arkansas, Missouri, Mexico and Ohio. As a result, we’ve had the privilege of developing teachers who are seen as the most competent in their markets, and have evolved a program that is equaled by none: there is a difference between training someone to be a teacher, and training someone to be an instructor. We train teachers.
Advanced Teacher Training
This training is a pre-requisite for our Professional Yoga Therapy Program.
It is 300 hours and part of our overall 800-hour YT program. At this level, we introduce therapeutic and philosophical principles that will continue to unfold throughout the Yoga Therapy program.It is currently offered in (2) locations: Circle Yoga Shala, Jasper, AR., and Jane's House, St. Charles, MO.
This program lays the foundations of ‘Chikitsa’ (or therapy) by marrying Eastern philosophy with Western medicine. The program advances the students’ knowledge of biomechanics as well as subtle anatomy, both of which are taught through the lens of compensation and adaptation. The result is a consistent worldview that enables students to make elegant and effective sequencing choices that access the body’s own healing powers. Graduates from this program gain incredible versatility as teachers and are further freed into a creative process of exploration of movement in their body and their mind. This program also teaches the foundations of individual assessment which is carried forward into the Yoga Therapy program.
Advance Your Knowledge, Practice and Teaching Skills
Leave daily distractions and interruptions by immersing to accelerate learning
Come once a quarter for four days of immersion in advanced yoga teacher training in a nourishing and beautiful environment that supports the learning experience.
Intensive One: WATER, October 19th - 22nd, 2017
Intensive Two: EARTH, January 18th - 21st, 2018
Intensive Three: AIR, April 12th - 15th, 2018
Intensive Four: FIRE, July 12th - 15th, 2018
Intensive Five: SPACE, September 13th - 16th, 2018
Intensive One: WATER, October 18th - 21st, 2018
Intensive Two: EARTH, February 7th - 10th, 2019 (Inclement Weather Makeup Dates: March 21st - 24th)
Intensive Three: AIR, May 23rd - 26th, 2019
Intensive Four: FIRE, August 1st - 4th, 2019
Intensive Five: SPACE, November 7th - 10th, 2019
For a Description of Each Intensive, Click HERE
Please go to calendar page for dates at Janes House in Missouri.
- Course fee: $3200, which is due 15 days prior to start date.
- $200 deposit to be made after acceptance into the program.
- If payment per intensive is requested and accepted, a contract will be signed stating the agreement.
- The intensive fee is $704 per (10% interest for financing) and must be paid 15 days prior to each start date.
- Fill out application and pay application fee.
- Review Student Handbook, sign pages 32 and 33 and return digitally.
- $200 deposit to be paid upon acceptance.
Private Training Site
We have a private training site for all of our programs. The site consists of your manual and video recordings of each intensive, providing you access to lectures, sequences, practices and more on the site. The site is also used for homework assignments, and being in touch with the program faculty.
This resource also allows you to continue growing your knowledge via the digital platform even after your training.
4 nights of beautiful, eco-friendly accommodations, 3 delicious meals prepared for you from our organic gardens, free wi-fi, surrounded by Ozark National Parks and Forests
Accommodation Costs Per Intensive:
Accommodations are extremely reasonable, are separate from course fee, and can be paid upon arrival. See options below.
- Upstairs dorm space (6 beds) 4 nights $30 = $120
- Downstairs dorm space (4 beds) 4 nights $35 = $140
- Private space 4 nights $50 = $200
- Private spaces are on a first come basis
- Bring your own linens
Cabin in the Woods
This is a shared cabin for up to 4 persons
- Private room 4 nights $60 = $240
- Loft dorm 4 nights $40 = $160
- Private space is on a first come basis
- Bring your own linens
- Four days, (3) meals a day @ $30/day = $120
- Eastern and Western Wellbeing Models
- Performance Pyramid
- Flow State
- Cephalo-Caudal Trend, Role of Movement
- Cross Patterns, X Patterns
- Spirals, Creating Torque
- Self-Deception as an Adaptive Strategy
- Soft Tissue
- Intro to Breathing Mechanics
- Core Activation (Front and Back), "Bracing" and Spine Support, Motor Control (Stability and the Nervous System)
- Functional Movement (Mobility, Motor Control)
- Building Strength and High Level Motor Control
- Evolutionary Namaskar
- McGill Inspired Core Work
- Advanced Multiplane
- Advanced Gate
- Wall Stand
Personal Development Tools
- Inquiry (Self-Observation and Self-Remembering)
- Intro to Enneagram
For a Description of Each Intensive, Click Here
What You Will Get From Your Training
A World Class Program
- THE PEOPLE
- C-IAYT recognized, master teachers as your primary teachers
- A mentor assigned to you throughout the duration of the training
- A network of graduated CYS Yoga Teachers
- Other CYS-trained support faculty
- THE PROGRAM
- A world class program
- A program that utilizes and layers all the material from YTT200 and prepares for Yoga Therapy
- A foundational knowledge to make therapeutical decisions
- A pre-requisite to our Yoga Therapy program
- A Yoga Alliance certified program that exceeds requirements
- THE MATERIAL
- The ability to marry Eastern and Western philosophies into a coherent worldview that informs your choices as a teacher
- A selection of therapeutically-oriented practices, adapted for studio teaching as well as privates
- Ability to scale practices for any capacity and interest
- A refinement in your sequencing choices, that is informed by Evolutionary Anatomy, Ayurveda and liberation philosophies
- Working knowledge of bio-mechanics related to movement patterns, nature of fascia, core activation and breathing mechanics
- Add value to sessions with private clients by identifying specific goals and strategies
- Opportunity to start a practice of self-observation for personal development
- THE RESOURCES
- Access to a Private Training Site featuring:
- Video lectures
- Full length videos of practices
- Peer-reviewed sequences
- A manual with in-depth coverage of all the training material
- An extensive bibliography for further reading and self-study
- Access to a Private Training Site featuring:
- Upon graduation, the privilege of returning to audit the course free of charge
- Upon graduation, the opportunity to mentor new students
- Maintain paid access to the Private Training Site post-graduation
- Receive the CYS monthly newsletter featuring workshops, trainings and other events.
- Applicant must be 18+yrs of age
- Applicant must have at least one (1) year of yoga teaching experience
- Applicant must have at least one (1) year of personal practice
- Applicant must have completed a 200YTT
Applicants who graduated from a 200YTT at a school other than Circle Yoga Shala or Jane’s House of wellbeing are required to:
- Take the Prerequisite Course outlining the principles of Vinyasa Krama.
- Draw a 10 minute sequence that uses the principles of Vinyasa Krama and submit for review.
- Submit a written explanation justifying the decisions taken for the sequence. Additional work may be required if the content produced is below standard.
This requirement is waived if a student has graduated from a 200h program where Vinyasa Krama is taught. Students must provide documentation of program completion, and show Vinyasa Krama specific course material work.
- Applications (and application fee) must be submitted at least 1 month before the start of the program.
- Deposits to be paid within 10 days of acceptance into the program.
- If the program is scheduled to begin within 10 days of acceptance, full tuition is paid instead.
- Enrollment form to be signed at time of deposit.
- Tuition paid in full 15 days before the start of the program.
Become an Advanced CYS Teacher
What Others Have to Say
As a 500 hr. graduate, I highly recommend this training! Yes, the teaching is life changing and supportive in living a healthy life with purpose. In addition, the terminology and techniques are very much in line with current academic research and other therapeutic modalities.
Brandy Molloy, RYT500