Circle Yoga Shala is a Member School of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), and a Yoga Alliance Registered School at the 500RYT level. Matthew, the Director of our schools and co-owner of CYS is a C-IAYT Yoga Therapist, and an E-RYT 500HR.
We Train Teachers
We've been training teachers since 2001 and have conducted over 5,000 hours of training since that time in Arkansas, Missouri, Mexico and Ohio. As a result, we’ve had the privilege of developing teachers who are seen as the most competent in their markets, and have evolved a program that is equaled by none: there is a difference between training someone to be a teacher, and training someone to be an instructor. We train teachers.
This training is foundational to yoga therapy. If your desire is to become a yoga therapist, you enter into our Professional Yoga Therapy Program through this course.
This program is currently offered in (2) locations: Circle Yoga Shala, Jasper, AR., and Jane's House, St. Charles, MO. Please go to calendar page for dates.
It is a 300-hour curriculum and establishes the theoretical foundations of our yoga therapy program by recognizing the wholeness of the human system and its integral relationship to the Universe and Consciousness. This program, and the emerging yoga therapist, addresses this wholeness at each of its levels within the scope of practice. It is during this year of training that students learn to screen (a process that assesses the state of the system at any given time) along with the first stages of corrections (the implementation of adaptation strategies that address individual needs from within the context of wholeness). The philosophical and theoretical foundations are a fusion of three primary areas: 1) the biological sciences and evolutionary theory, 2) Ayurveda and 3) Integral Psychology.
The program unfolds as an investigation into five main areas:
- Introduction to Yoga as therapy: placing Hatha Yoga and the aims it harbors for health and transformation within the context of Ayurveda: asana, pranayama and meditation in relation to the doshas.
- Technical training in advanced asana.
- Spiritual training – ancient and Modern psychology: the human mind/spirit viewed through Darwinian evolutionary theory, neuro-physiology, and the ancient models of the Chakras, Koshas, and the Enneagram.
- Advanced training in teaching itself: A systematic study of identifying differences in learning styles in students, strategies for planning workshops and intensives, and developing a refined teaching dialogue by creating and sustaining themes and layers of meaning in classes.
- The development of personal understanding, and tools for inquiry: strategies for reading and studying sacred texts as meditations, and the engagement of Gurdjieff oriented techniques like sensing vs. thinking about, seeing and recognizing, conscious labor, observing the machine vs. trying to awaken it directly.
This program is available to those who have completed an initial 200-hour training in yoga.
If you are an RYT and want to participate in an advanced module for CEU’s and/or out of interest in the subject matter offered, you are welcome to participate without enrolling in the overall program.
Private Training Site
We have a private training site for our 300YTT. This site consists of our manual broken into the various sections for easy accessibility in finding and referencing content. We video record each intensive, at all the locations offered, so in addition to your manual, you will have access to lectures, sequences, corrective strategies, practices and more on the site. The site is also used for homework assignments, and being in touch with the program faculty.
This resource also allows you to continue growing your knowledge between intensives via the digital platform.
- Applicant must be 18+yrs of age
- Applicant must have at least one (1) year of yoga teaching experience
- Applicant must have at least one (1) year of personal practice
- Applicant must have completed a 200YTT
Applicants who graduated from a 200YTT at a school other than Circle Yoga Shala or Jane’s House of wellbeing are required to:
- Take the Prerequisite Course outlining the principles of Vinyasa Krama.
- Draw a 10 minute sequence that uses the principles of Vinyasa Krama and submit for review.
- Submit a written explanation justifying the decisions taken for the sequence. Additional work may be required if the content produced is below standard.
This requirement is waived if a student has graduated from a 200h program where Vinyasa Krama is taught. Students must provide documentation of program completion, and show Vinyasa Krama specific course material work.
- Applications (and application fee) must be submitted at least 1 month before the start of the program.
- Deposits to be paid within 10 days of acceptance into the program.
- If the program is scheduled to begin within 10 days of acceptance, full tuition is paid instead.
- Enrollment form to be signed at time of deposit.
- Tuition paid in full 15 days before the start of the program.
- See school policies regarding deposits, refunds, transfers, etc.
- See calendar for all dates, and contact info for Missouri programs.
- See Shala page for what to bring, logistics, and to sign waiver.
- Sign Enrollment Agreement form
- Apply here
- Course fee: $3200, which is due 15 days prior to start date.
- $200 deposit to be made after acceptance into the program.
- If payment per intensive is requested and accepted, a contract will be signed stating the agreement.
- The intensive fee is $704 per (10% interest for financing) and must be paid 15 days prior to each start date.
Accommodations are separate and can be paid upon arrival.
- Dorm space 4 nights $30= $120,
- Private space 4 nights $50 = $200
- 4 days of meals $120
- Totals $320 or $240 depending on room choice
- Private spaces are on a first come basis
- Bring your own linens
Please note, laundry service is not included in the program's accommodations and can be done by hand or at the laundry mat in town. Also, the telephone in the main house is not for personal use except in the case of emergencies. (The local phone provider does not offer unlimited long distance). You are welcome to give the number to family/friends to be able to easily reach you if necessary.
Receive upon graduation.
OFFERED AT (2) LOCATIONS: CIRCLE YOGA SHALA, AR; JANE'S HOUSE, St. Charles, MO.
2017 - 2018 Schedule
CIRCLE YOGA SHALA (ARKANSAS) - 500RYT
Intensive One: WATER, October 19th - 22nd, 2017
Intensive Two: EARTH, January 18th - 21st, 2018
Intensive Three: AIR, April 12th - 15th, 2018
Intensive Four: FIRE, July 12th - 15th, 2018
Intensive Five: SPACE, September 13th - 16th, 2018
2018 - 2019 Schedule
JANES HOUSE (MISSOURI) - 500RYT
Intensive One: WATER, February 22nd - 25th, 2018
Intensive Two: EARTH, April 5th -8th, 2018
Intensive Three: AIR, July 26th - 29th, 2018
Intensive Four: FIRE, September 20th - 23rd, 2018
Intensive Five: SPACE, December 6th - 9th, 2018
What Others Have to Say
As a 500 hr. graduate, I highly recommend this training! Yes, the teaching is life changing and supportive in living a healthy life with purpose. In addition, the terminology and techniques are very much in line with current academic research and other therapeutic modalities. Brandy Molloy, RYT500