200HR Yoga Teacher Training Program
We have been a registered school with the National Yoga Alliance since 1999. Through our programs, you can be recognized at the 200RYT and 500RYT levels, and receive CEUs. We also have an affiliate school, Janes House Studio in St Charles, MO. at the 200 hour level. We are a Member School of the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
We Train Teachers
We have conducted over 7,200 hours of teacher training in Arkansas, Missouri, Mexico and Ohio.As a result, we’ve had the privilege of developing teachers who are seen as the most competent in their markets, and have evolved a program that is equaled by none: there is a difference between training someone to be a teacher, and training someone to be an instructor. We train teachers.
Yoga has only one practical purpose: to help you relax so deeply that you recover the delightful experience of your true nature as unencumbered, unrestricted consciousness. This is not to be confused with making no effort. Yoga happens when 'effort and ease' are not separate actions.
We teach you what is foundational to all of the styles of yoga you may encounter or have an interest in teaching, which means a thorough grounding in the five techniques of Hatha Yoga: stillness (asana), rhythm (vinyasa), breath (pranayama), integration (bandha) and presence (drushti). You will learn how to language and sequence these techniques in ways that continuously reveal their wholeness, and that invite infinite creativity on your part. How you arrange them and establish a dominant focus is what moves them into the direction of "styles" like restorative, vinyasa flow, alignment-based, etc.
Teachers receive extensive knowledge needed to interface in today's marketplace. What makes our program of the highest quality is how we deliver that information to you: practice teaching exercises that grow in complexity to help you respond effortlessly to all of the various situations that may arise in a public class setting.
Practice, Teach, Transform
Get away from daily distractions and interruptions by immersing to accelerate learning
Come once a quarter for four days of immersion in yoga teacher training in a nourishing and beautiful environment that supports the learning experience.
Retreat One: January 25th - 28th, 2018
Retreat Two: April 5th - 8th, 2018
Retreat Three: May 31st - June 3rd, 2018
Retreat Four: August 2nd - 5th, 2018
** If the January module gets cancelled due to inclement weather the dates for makeup are: February 8th - 11th, 2018
2018 - 2019
Retreat One: September 20th - 23rd, 2018
Retreat Two: November 1st - 4th, 2018
Retreat Three: March 7th - 10th, 2019
Retreat Four: May 16th - 19th, 2019
Course Fee: $2250 for 200 hours of face-to-face teacher training time. Full tuition is due 15 days prior to start date.
- Fill out application and pay application fee.
- $200 deposit to be paid upon acceptance.
- If payment per intensive is requested and accepted, intensive fee is $618.75 per (10% interest for financing) and must be paid 15 days prior to each start date. If payment per intensive is requested and accepted, a contract will be signed stating the agreement.
Private Training Site
We have a private training site for our all of our teacher training programs. We video record each intensive, so in addition to your online manual, you have access to lectures, sequences, practices and more on the site. This resource also allows you to continue growing your knowledge via the digital platform in between your intensives. The site is also used for homework assignments, and being in touch with the program faculty.
4 nights of beautiful, eco-friendly accommodations, 3 delicious meals prepared for you from our organic gardens, free wi-fi, surrounded by Ozark National Parks and Forests
Accommodation Costs Per Intensive:
Accommodations are extremely reasonable, are separate from course fee, and can be paid upon arrival. See options below.
- Upstairs dorm space (6 beds) 4 nights $30 = $120
- Downstairs dorm space (4 beds) 4 nights $35 = $140
- Private space 4 nights $50 = $200
- Private spaces are on a first come basis
- Bring your own linens
Cabin in the Woods
This is a shared cabin for up to 4 persons
- Private room 4 nights $60 = $240
- Loft dorm 4 nights $40 = $160
- Private space is on a first come basis
- Bring your own linens
- Four days, (3) meals a day @ $30/day = $120
Hatha Yoga - Dynamic Method
- Asana (Stillness), Pranayama (Breath), Vinyasa (Rhythm), Bandha (Integration) Drushti (Presence)
- Core Actions: Lengthening and Broadening (discover what actions are universal and must be taken to be stable and at ease in each posture)
- Method of Teaching: How to language, organize and disseminate lessons to public classes.
- Joint Anatomy and the Spiral Body
- Pranayama, Meditation and Kriyas
- Vinyasa Krama and the Arc of Vinyasa Krama
- Spinal Planes of Movement
- Principles of Sequencing (developed by Matthew and Holly)
- Teaching Protocol
- Practice Teaching: receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
- Principles of Demonstration, Observation, Assisting/Correcting
- Prenatal Information
- The Business Aspects of Teaching Yoga, Ethics of a Yoga Teacher
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali- Kriya Yoga, Classical Definition of Yoga, 8 Limbs
- Five Elements
- Bhagavad Gits
We've studied and grappled with these teachings for two decades. As a result, we present them in a way that is accessible to all people and map them to other perennial wisdom teachings such as the Gospels.
Excerpts From Philosophy Talks
What You Will Get From Your Training
- Training with Master Teachers
- A world class program
- A deepened understanding of Yoga
- A mentor assigned to you
- Support faculty
- A foundational personal practice
- Confidence stepping into a yoga studio as a teacher
- The ability to ask the questions, "who is here for their first time, who has injuries, who is pregnant?" and know exactly what to do
- The ability to create elegant sequences
- The ability to sequence on the spot, if needed
- The ability to teach without practicing, allowing for more presence and support for the class
- The ability to make modifications and adjustments without breaking the flow of class
- Private training site
- Built-in support network of fellow CYS yoga teachers
- Comprehensive 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Workbook and Manual
- Upon completion, a CYS 200hr Certificate
- The ability to register with the National Yoga Alliance
What Others Have To Say
Signing up for the 200 hr teacher training at Circle Yoga Shala was one of the best and most transformative decisions I have ever made. Matt and Holly have prepared a curriculum that is safe, accessible, supportive, authentic and life changing. The teacher training goes deep and is well thought out. By the end of the 200 hours, I felt confident and ready to share this beautiful practice with others. I highly recommend Circle Yoga Shala to anyone who is serious about their yoga practice and wants to go deep. This is the real deal! I look forward to signing up for the 500 hour advanced training at CYS in the future.
Shawn Chereskin, Missouri
Ever pause to think about what it really takes for you to be able to stand upright on an engaged and stable leg? I think I speak for all of us in the 200 hour teacher training cohort when I say we developed a newfound intimacy with our bodies (and minds!)! Circle Yoga Shala's program is thoughtfully rooted in decades of experience and dedicated study. This is truly a rare gem -- bringing smart, holistic and compassionate inquiry back to yoga, alongside a teaching method that is simply brilliant.
Melany Birdsong, Minnesota
Matt and Holly Krepps have developed an exceptional program and are amazing teachers. If you are looking for a deeper, felt understanding of yoga and the skills/confidence to teach a full class on day one, this is the program for you!
Tina DeCanter, Arkansas
Matt and Holly Krepps honor the yoga tradition by offering high quality training for their yoga teacher candidates. Both are highly conscientious, knowledgeable, expert teachers. Matt and Holly could have become nationally known yoga teachers had they chosen that path; instead they stayed in Arkansas and opened a sustainable farm and yoga teaching facility. Their passion for yoga practice and all its components is truly inspiring.
Catherine O'Byrne, Arkansas
- 1 year minimum of personal yoga practice either at home or in a studio
- 18+yrs of age
- Applications (and application fee) must be submitted at least 1 month before the start of the program.
- Deposits to be paid within 10 days of acceptance into the program.
- If the program is scheduled to begin within 10 days of acceptance, full tuition is paid instead.
- Enrollment form to be signed at time of deposit.
- Tuition paid in full 15 days before the start of the program.
- See school policies on fees, refunds, transfers, etc.
- Sign Enrollment Agreement form
- See shala page for logistics and to sign waiver