Circle Yoga Shala is a Member School of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), and a Yoga Alliance Registered School at the 200RYT and 500RYT levels.
We Train Teachers
We've been training teachers since 2001 and have conducted over 5,000 hours of training since that time in Arkansas, Missouri, Mexico and Ohio. As a result, we’ve had the privilege of developing teachers who are seen as the most competent in their markets, and have evolved a program that is equaled by none: there is a difference between training someone to be a teacher, and training someone to be an instructor. We train teachers.
Yoga has only one practical purpose: to help you relax so deeply that you recover the delightful experience of your true nature as unencumbered, unrestricted consciousness. This is not to be confused with making no effort. Yoga happens when 'effort and ease' are not separate actions.
We teach you what is foundational to all of the styles of yoga you may encounter or have an interest in teaching, which means a thorough grounding in the five techniques of Hatha Yoga: stillness (asana), rhythm (vinyasa), breath (pranayama), integration (bandha) and presence (drushti). You will learn how to language and sequence these techniques in ways that continuously reveal their wholeness, and that invite continuous creativity on your part. How you arrange them and establish a dominant focus is what moves them into the direction of "styles" like restorative, vinyasa flow, alignment-based, etc.
Teachers-in-training receive extensive technical knowledge needed to interface in today's marketplace. What makes our program unique and of the highest of quality is how we deliver that information to you: in guided practice teaching sessions that grow in complexity to help you respond effortlessly to all of the various situations that may arise in a public class setting.
We have two different opportunities for this program: A month-long residential 200HR YTT and a year-long 200HR YTT divided into (4) four-day intensives.
Our month-long residential program is conducted every June. It is an offering of immersion in practice, in teaching, in community, and the whole of Yoga.
Private Training Site
We have a private training site for our 200YTT and 500YTT programs. This site consists of our manual broken into the various sections for easy accessibility in finding and referencing content. We video record each intensive, at all the locations offered, so in addition to your manual, you have access to lectures, sequences, corrective strategies, practices and more on the site. The site is also used for homework assignments, and being in touch with the program faculty.
This resource also allows you to continue growing your knowledge in between intensives via the digital platform.
See calendar for dates.
- 1 year minimum of personal yoga practice either at home or in a studio
- 18+yrs of age
- Applications (and application fee) must be submitted at least 1 month before the start of the program.
- Deposits to be paid within 10 days of acceptance into the program.
- If the program is scheduled to begin within 10 days of acceptance, full tuition is paid instead.
- Enrollment form to be signed at time of deposit.
- Tuition paid in full 15 days before the start of the program.
- See school policies on fees, refunds, transfers, etc.
- Sign Enrollment Agreement form
- See shala page for logistics and to sign waiver
Year-long and Summer Residential Program:
- $2250 for 200 hours of face-to-face teacher training time. Full tuition is due 15 days prior to start date.
- $200 deposit to be paid upon acceptance.
- If payment per intensive is requested and accepted, intensive fee is $618.75 per (10% interest for financing) and must be paid 15 days prior to each start date.
- If payment per intensive is requested and accepted, a contract will be signed stating the agreement.
2017 - 2018 Schedule - 200RYT
YEAR LONG PROGRAM
Intensive One: January 25th - 28th, 2018
Intensive Two: April 4th - 8th, 2018
Intensive Three: May 31st - June 3rd, 2018
Intensive Four: August 2nd - 5th, 2018
** If the January module gets cancelled due to inclement weather the dates for makeup are: February 8th - 11th, 2018
MONTH LONG PROGRAM
June 12th - July 6th, 2018 at CYS
Each Saturday from 11a to Sunday at 6p is free time. Hike national trails, float the historic Buffalo River or just rest and study.
Accommodations are extremely reasonable, are separate from course fee, and can be paid upon arrival. See options below.
ACCOMMODATIONS YEAR LONG PROGRAM: Per Intensive
See Shala page for what to bring, logistics, and to sign waiver.
- Dorm space 4 nights $30= $120,
- Private space 4 nights $50 = $200
- 4 days of meals $120
- Totals $320 or $240 depending on room choice
- Private spaces are on a first come basis
- Bring your own linens
Cabin in the Woods
- Private room 4 nights $60 = $240
- Loft dorm 4 nights $40 = $160
- 4 days of meals $120
- Totals $360, or $280 depending on room choice
- Private space is on a first come basis
- Bring your own linens
- 4 nights $20 = $80
- 4 days of meals = $120
- Totals $200
- Bring your own linens and pillow
ACCOMMODATIONS SUMMER RESIDENTIAL: Month Long
- 24 nights @ $30/night: $720 lodging (dorm rate)
- 24 nights @$40/night: $960 lodging (private space)
- 24 days (3) meals/day at $30/day: $720 (includes beverages, snacks, too), plus dinner on 6/2: $10
- Totals: $1440 dorm accommodations and meals
- Totals: $1680 private accommodations and meals
- Private options are on a first come basis
- Bring your own linens
Please note, laundry service is not included in the summer program's accommodations and can be done by hand or at the laundry mat in town. Also, the telephone in the main house is not for personal use except in the case of emergencies. (The local phone provider does not offer unlimited long distance). You are welcome to give the number to family/friends to be able to easily reach you if necessary.
Edited Talks from previous Trainings (Translations of yoga sutras)
What Others Have To Say
Ever pause to think about what it really takes for you to be able to stand upright on an engaged and stable leg? I think I speak for all of us in the 200 hour teacher training cohort when I say we developed a newfound intimacy with our bodies (and minds!) in the past month! Circle Yoga Shala's program is thoughtfully rooted in decades of experience and dedicated study. This is truly a rare gem -- bringing smart, holistic and compassionate inquiry back to yoga, alongside a teaching method that is simply brilliant. Thank you for an incredibly fulfilling month! Melany Birdsong, Minnesota
Signing up for the 200 hr teacher training at Circle Yoga Shala was one of the best and most transformative decisions I have ever made. Matt and Holly have prepared a curriculum that is safe, accessible, supportive, authentic and life changing. The teacher training goes deep and is well thought out. By the end of the 200 hours, I felt confident and ready to share this beautiful practice with others. I highly recommend Circle Yoga Shala to anyone who is serious about their yoga practice and wants to go deep. This is the real deal! I look forward to signing up for the 500 hour advanced training at CYS in the future. Shawn Chereskin
Matt and Holly Krepps have developed an exceptional program and are amazing teachers. If you are looking for a deeper, felt understanding of yoga and the skills/confidence to teach a full class on day one, this is the program for you! Tina DeCanter
Matt and Holly Krepps honor the yoga tradition by offering high quality training for their yoga teacher candidates. Both are highly conscientious, knowledgeable, expert teachers. Matt and Holly could have become nationally known yoga teachers had they chosen that path; instead they stayed in Arkansas and opened a sustainable farm and yoga teaching facility. Their passion for yoga practice and all its components is truly inspiring. Catherine O'Byrne